Isaiah 40:31 They that wait upon the Lord will renew their strength, they will mount up with wings as eagles, they will run and not be weary, they will walk and not faint.



Sunday, February 16, 2014

But God!

I don't know why I am continually amazed when God reveals his AWESOME power...by now I should expect it and anticipate it. But yet, I'm amazed. And my being in Haiti for this trip is no exception. As of a week ago I had no intention of being in Haiti. I have been here twice before, loved EVERY second of it, but wasn't a part of this team...a week ago. BUT GOD! While I had no intention of being here, I had every desire to be here. But I am the stubborn sort and I told God quite some time ago that as a result of having a new job, I couldn't possibly take the time to come down this trip. BUT GOD! In spite of myself, God had different plans, for which I am very thankful. As the trip grew closer, my heart grew heavier knowing that I would not be joining my team in Haiti. But GOD! Last Sunday our church commissioned the team to go in both church services. In the first service, I joined my church in praying for those going. But about half way through the prayer time I "melted down", and had to leave the service to pull myself together. Then, when the church gathered around the team to pray in the second service, I decided that I couldn't bear to be outside that team circle, and joined them instead. I went home from church very heavy hearted that day, and had a conversation with God about it. I told him that I knew it was a long shot, and that I had made this decision, but if there was ANY possible way that I could go, I would really LOVE for that to happen. BUT GOD! Monday, while at work, I got a text from Tim telling me that one of the team members had to withdraw from the trip, and "did I know anyone interested in going?" SERIOUSLY! (That was my reply) Well I immediately started praying, talked to my husband, and replied to Tim that I might be interested. What I didn't know was that he had texted several other people as well. One of them had just made plans for a trip to Florida just hours earlier. One had said she wasn't interested, and one received blank texts. The only catch at this point, was that I didn't know if I even had any vacation time for the year. But, I decided the only thing I could do was ask. So, on the way home from work I called my boss and asked. He didn't know if I had vacation time either, due to some recent company changes and had to check with his partner. The next morning I received affirmation from my boss that I did have vacation time and, with my husband's blessing, received permission to go to Haiti just 3 work days later! So here I am, back in this place with a heart overflowing with gratitude to a GREAT GOD who continually does even more than we could ever think or imagine...and I can't wait to see what He has in store for us this week! ~Heather Meade

2 comments:

  1. The Almighty is always at work ... it's great when we can put some of the pieces together and notice what He is doing !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I praise the Lord for His Sovereignty and His foreknowledge to everything we want or face! I'm smiling with you, Heather!!

    ReplyDelete